Istanbul Airport (IST) offers a meeting and greeting service for travelers who want to arrange for someone to meet them at the airport upon arrival. This service is provided by Istanbul Airport Meet & Greet.
To use the service, you will need to book in advance and provide the following information:
- Your flight details
- The name of the person who will be meeting you
- The location where the person will meet you (inside or outside the terminal)
The person meeting you will be holding a sign with your name on it and will assist you with your luggage and any other needs. The service is available 24/7 and costs around 70 EUR. You can book online or by contacting Istanbul Airport Meet & Greet directly.
There are several shuttle options available for transferring between Istanbul Airport (IST) and the city center:
- HAVAIST airport shuttle bus: This service operates between the airport and various points in the city, including Taksim Square and the bus terminal at Aksaray. Tickets can be purchased at the airport or on the bus and cost around 18 TL.
- Private shuttle: You can also arrange a private shuttle transfer with a company, which can be more convenient but may be more expensive than other options.
- Hotel shuttle: Some hotels in Istanbul offer a shuttle service for their guests between the airport and the hotel. You can check with your hotel to see if this service is available.
It’s a good idea to have Turkish Lira on hand to pay for your transfer, as some taxi drivers may not accept credit cards.